Kids & Company launches the first complimentary child-centric co-working space in the United States at the Boston Seaport Center
Kidco Work to provide complimentary co-working spaces for parents with children enrolled at Kids & Company
Award-winning child care provider Kids & Company is innovating the lives of Boston’s working families with the introduction of Kidco Work, which will offer complimentary co-working spaces to parents starting September 3, 2019. Desks are available at Kids & Company's Boston Seaport Center on a drop-in basis for parents with children enrolled in any Kids & Company child care program (part-time or full-time). Individual work areas are complemented by a communal work space, lounge area, coffee station, as well as access to private nursing spaces. Kidco Work — where boardroom meets playroom — maintains a child-first standard: ensuring consistent access to high-quality child care. This model is also being piloted in Toronto (Queen West), with additional locations planned for both Canada and the U.S.
“Kids & Company is proud to offer a solution for working families.” says Kids & Company Founder & CEO (and mom of 8!), Victoria Sopik.“To address an increasing need for flexibility, Kidco Work allows parents to achieve work-life balance by pairing high-quality child care & early learning with effective work and collaboration spaces.”
Kidco Work: Feature highlights
Kidco Work spaces are available to parents with children enrolled in any Kids & Company child care program. Co-working spaces are currently available in the U.S. at Kids & Company's Boston Seaport Center, which is located in the Innovation District with features including an indoor gross motor room, a gated outdoor play space, and private nursing spaces.
- Hot desks are available on a drop-in basis to any parent who has a child enrolled at Kids & Company
- Co-working spaces are located inside Kids & Company centres for maximum convenience
- Kidco Work amenities include: hot desks and lounge areas, high-speed wifi, printers, snack stations, and a coffee station
- The community at Kidco Work is made up of like-minded entrepreneurs, contractors and employees who prioritize both work and family
- Flexible child care schedules (1 to 5 days a week) and access to co-working spaces 11 hours per day means parents have options to suit their needs